The village of Trnovo is located 15 km northeast of Kriva Palanka at about 1000 meters above sea level. There are dilemmas regarding the year of the construction among scientists.
Namely, older scientists are determined that the year was 1505, while the newer research supports the thesis that 1605 was the year the church was built.
Among the frescoes in the church, there are frescoes of the Nativity of Christ, frescoes of St. Nicholas with the Gospel in his hand, and a fresco with a depiction of the local anchorite Saint Joachim of Sarandoporski (Osogovski). Near the church, there is a parish house, equipped with a restaurant and the possibility for the accommodation of guests.