At 4th km south of Leskovac, there is a monastery complex which consists of the St. Petka church, a harmonious and beautiful residence and an old cemetery.
The exact date of construction of this church is not known. It is assumed that it was built on the foundations of a single-nave early Christian basilica, during the restoration of which, in 1799, only the central and the altar part were preserved. The old icons from the iconostasis were replaced in 1907 and 1908.
Next to the temple, there is a residence that represents one of the most beautiful examples of profane building architecture of the Balkan style.
It cannot be determined when it was built, but judging by the form and method of construction it must be more than 150 years old. The building itself has a ground floor and first floor, and the base of the building is in the shape of the letter “T”.
There is also a large “doksat”, a type of traditional porch, below which you enter the ground floor, then a large hall and wooden stairs leading to the first floor.
This building with an interesting exterior has the authentic wooden shutters on the first floor and a large chimney, which is why it is one of the most beautiful buildings of that kind in Serbia.